Limited Energy and Communication Systems Home Study (Online Based 8 Hour Course) (2020 NEC Edition) Class Information
Document ID: 1E39
Limited Energy and Communication Systems Home Study Course (8 hour course)
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100, 200, & 300 Series
Save time and money in commuting costs! Sign up for the “Limited Energy and Communication Systems Home Study” course. No matter where you live you can take this course from the comfort of your own home or office.
This course is available in an interactive online format that allows students to test their knowledge immediately by answering page level questions. Students must pass with an average of 75% or better in order to receive credit.
This 8-hour course is based on Mike Holt’s “Understanding the NEC Volume 2”
textbook, which is loaded with colorful illustrations and graphics.
Limited Energy and Communication Systems
details how to interpret and apply the NEC codes relating to Low Voltage wiring and systems, by using real world examples of different NEC code sections. This course provides insight into confusing NEC articles. and helps students prevent code violations out in the field:
- Audio Signal Amplification and Reproduction Equipment
- Information Technology Equipment (ITE)
- Remote Control, Signaling and Power-Limited Circuits
- Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 circuits
- Optical Fiber Cables and Raceways
- Radio and Television Satellite Equipment (antenna)
- Community Antenna Television (CATV) and Radio Distribution Systems (coaxial cable)
Audio Signal Processing, Amplification and Reproduction Equipment
Information Technology Equipment
Topics in this course are covered in relation to the 2020 Edition of the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements. A 2020 NEC Code Book is required when taking this course. You may utilize one of the suggested resources in the textbook list located in the forms and resources section of the WECA website or any other sources to order the NEC.
To receive credit
for this course you must:
- Complete this course within 90 days.
- Complete the entire course. No partial credit will be given.
- Attain an overall average grade of at least 75%.
You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date. The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
A class enrollment letter with course log on instructions will be emailed. Please allow one business day for order processing and access to the course.
- Total class hours available: 8
This course is accessible on desktop computers or mobile devices. Google Chrome is the recommended browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Standard Tuition Fee: $99 per person