In-Person 2 Day Exam Preparation Course - General or Residential (16 hour course)(2020 NEC Edition) Class Information
Document ID: 6282
Please be advised that while we expect to run this course on the 2020 NEC, you will be notified if California is not yet serving the 2020 NEC version of the State Exam by the time class starts, in which case the class will instead be taught on the 2017 NEC. Our aim is to best prepare you for the exam version the State is serving at the time of your class.
This classroom based Two Day Exam Preparation is a fast-paced code study course focused on using the Code book in preparation for the State Certification exam. It is meant to be a refresher course for individuals otherwise ready to take the General or Residential Certification Exam. Much of the class is dedicated to sample testing similar to state exams. It focuses on practical research by the students to find the answers to code questions rather than instruction by lecture. If you are looking for a more extensive exam preparation course, consider Get Wired 404, consisting of 42 instructor-led hours, all online.
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: Substantial completion of GET WIRED! program
Other Prerequisites : 8,000+ General OJT hours and substantial knowledge of electrical theory and the National Electric Code (NEC) or 4,800+ Residential OJT hours and substantial knowledge of electrical theory and the National Electric Code (NEC)
Exam prep day 1 outline:
- 2020 national electrical code basic layout
- Commonly used tables in the national electric code
- The reciprocation formula
- Conductor sizing and protection
- Raceway, box fill and conduit fill calculations
Exam prep day 2 outline:
- Safety maintenance and repair
- Service sizing, clearances and terminations
- Low voltage, communications and fire systems
- Wiring methods, special equipment and occupancies
- Motors, hvac and refrigeration
Students must bring a 2020 NEC book to class.
- General equipment , lighting and panelboards
- Total class hours available: 16
- Standard Tuition Fee: $279
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours: To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix for specific requirements for this course.
* This course includes classes that are conducted on one or more Saturdays and/or Sundays. Students will be notified of their scheduled class time within one week of the class start date for class days displayed without class times.
| Class Session
|| Week Day
|| Start Time
|| End Time
|| Class Day Type