Perfect Sizing - 2014 Code (32 hour course) Class Information
Document ID: ED33
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: This course requires strong familiarity with the NEC and on-the-job experience of at least two years. This course is recommended for journeymen.
Recommended Prerequisite for Journeymen: Have experience with and know how to use the NEC, and have 1+ years on-the-job experience.
Complete three self-paced courses in this order:
Sizing Motor Circuits
- In this course, electricians learn how size single motor circuits for electrical installation. First, electricians learn about motors, their components, how motors function, and NEC requirements for sizing single motor circuits. Then, they practice all steps needed to accurately perform single motor circuit calculations for three different scenarios.
- In this course, you will learn how to coordinate (bring together) information in specific NEC articles, so you can properly select and install the correct electrical circuit components and conductors needed for different load and circuit configurations.
Wiring Motors and Air Conditioners
- In Wiring Motors and Air Conditioners, you’ll learn how to size circuits used to supply power to two or more motors. You’ll also learn about air conditioning systems involving hermetic refrigerant motor-compressors and how to compare electrical circuit sizing requirements between motors in Code articles 440 and 430. Then, you’ll practice all steps needed to accurately perform motor feeder circuit and air-conditioner circuit calculations.
Students must pass all three final exams to earn credit for this course. All course hours must be completed within 90 days of purchase to receive credit. You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date.
A 2014 NEC book is required for this course.
Log on instructions will be sent by the preferred method of contact chosen during the class registration process. Please allow one business day for order processing and access to the course.
The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
- Total class hours available: 32
- Standard Tuition Fee: $259
Minimum Points and Hours: To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix for specific requirements for this course.
Self-Paced System Requirements: For the WECA eCampus website to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Self-Paced System Requirements. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
Some students choose to take this course on mobile devices including the iPad or iPhone. WECA cannot guarantee course functionality and compatibility with all mobile devices and suggests that students have access to a traditional computer as backup. WECA cannot provide technical support for mobile devices.
Are you already signed up for this class and need to log in? Click here to log into WECA eCampus