Basic Electrical Theory Home Study Course (24 hour course)
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 101
Save time and money in commuting costs! Sign up for the “Basic Electrical Theory Home Study” course. No matter where you live you can take this course from the comfort of your own home or office.
This course is DVD-based self-paced instruction program. For students who do not like to read extensively, the DVD programs are ideal since they include audio and video instruction. The DVDs feature a classroom setting and or panel discussions and follow along with the textbook. After watching the DVDs and reading the textbook, students are tested with a final exam and must pass with an average score of 70% or better in order to receive credit.
This 24-hour course is based on Mike Holt’s “Illustrated Guide to Basic Electrical Theory”
textbook, which is loaded with colorful illustrations and graphics.
Basic Electrical Theory
teaches students everything they need to know about how electricity behaves. Starting from the basic scientific principles, it covers the following topics and related skills:
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism
- Practical Applications of Electricity (Wiring Systems and Equipment)
- National Electrical Code Rules
for the course includes “Mike Holt’s Illustrated Guide to Basic Electrical Theory”
textbook and DVDs.
To receive credit
for this course you must:
- Complete this course within 90 days.
- Complete the Exam. No partial credit will be given.
- Mail, email, fax or hand deliver your bubble sheet to WECA for grading. WECA will score the exam within 24 hours.
- Attain an overall average grade of at least 70%.
You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date. The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
- Total class hours available: 24
- Standard Tuition Fee: $295 per person
This course consists of the following subjects and can be taken in 8 hour increments by signing up for:
- Electrical Fundamentals and Basic Electricity
- Electrical Circuits Systems and Protection
- Alternating Current Motors Generators and Transformers
Please be advised: Course materials are mailed by USPS priority mail.
Note: Please call the office for availability if purchasing more than five instances of this DVD course at once.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses