Security Systems (32 hour course)
This course is recommended for Certified Technicians and Journeymen. It is also appropriate for Trainees who have taken GET WIRED! 101 or an equivalent introductory electrical or low voltage course, or who have field experience.
Course content includes:
- Control Panels and Equipment
- Communications and Relays
- National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) wiring requirements
CCTV & Video:
- Wireless, Addressable, and CP-01
- Introduction to CCTV/NICET CCTV Certification
- Lens types and features and their applications
- Types of cameras and applications
- DVRs; Basics of digital recording
- IP Video; Basics of networking for CCTV applications
IP & Networking:
- IP video design considerations
- Basics of networking and network hardware
- Types of networks and their application
- Network Communications; Basics of IP addressing and subnet masks
- Basics of access control systems
- Control unit types of applications
- Control unit communications to PC and readers
- Reader styles and technologies
We recommend taking this course from a PC desktop or laptop and using the Google Chrome browser. This course is not recommended for Mac users. This course is not officially supported on mobile devices.
- Readers; Proximity technology
For technical troubleshooting, click here
All course hours must be completed within 90 days of purchase to receive credit. You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date.
for log on instructions for this course. Please allow one business day for order processing and access to the course.
The student must achieve a minimum score of 70% to pass the course.
The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
Total class hours available: 32
Standard Tuition Fee: $299
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses