Basic Motor Controls, Part 1
Get hands-on experience building control circuits for motors as you learn the basics of Motor Controls.
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100 & 200 Series, 301, 302, & 401 Strongly Advised
In the lab-based course, Basic Motor Controls Part 1, you will learn about and gain experience with:
- The parts and components of a motor circuit
- Manual control, automatic control and control logic
- Motor control line - ladder diagrams
- Local Start / Stop Station
- Multiple Start / Stop Stations
- Using Selector Switches & Pilot Devices
Students who complete the course successfully receive a Certificate of Completion showing hours of attendance. This course is worth 16 hours of continuing education credit.
SEATS ARE LIMITED TO 12 PARTICIPANTS IN RANCHO CORDOVA AND 10 IN SAN DIEGO
- Total class hours available: 16
- Standard Tuition Fee: $219 per person
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for this course to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Late Tuition Fee: $269 per person
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses