Limited Energy and Communication Systems Home Study Course (8 hour course)
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100, 200, & 300 Series
Save time and money in commuting costs! Sign up for the “Limited Energy and Communication Systems Home Study” course. No matter where you live you can take this course from the comfort of your own home or office.
This course is DVD-based self-paced instruction program. For students who do not like to read extensively, the DVD programs are ideal since they include audio and video instruction. The DVDs feature a classroom setting and or panel discussions and follow along with the textbook. After watching the DVDs and reading the textbook, students are tested with a final exam and must pass with an average score of 70% or better in order to receive credit.
This 8-hour course is based on Mike Holt’s “Understanding the NEC Requirements for Limited Energy and Communication Systems”
textbook, which is loaded with colorful illustrations and graphics.
Limited Energy and Communication Systems
details how to interpret and apply the NEC codes relating to Low Voltage wiring and systems, by using real world examples of different NEC code sections. This course provides insight into confusing NEC articles. and helps students prevent code violations out in the field:
- Requirements for Electrical Installations
- Working spaces and electrical room requirements
- Wiring Methods and Materials
- Protection from physical damage (installing cables)
- Securing and supporting cables and conduit
- Conduit Sizing EMT, PVC, and many more
- Remote Control, Signaling and Power-Limited Circuits
- Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 circuits
- Optical Fiber Cables and Raceways
- Radio and Television Satellite Equipment (antenna)
- Community Antenna Television (CATV) and Radio Distribution Systems (coaxial cable)
Topics in this course are covered in relation to the 2017 Edition of the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements. A 2017 NEC Code Book is required when taking this course. You may utilize one of the suggested resources in the textbook list located in the forms and resources section of the WECA website or any other sources to order the NEC.
for the course includes “Mike Holt’s Understanding the NEC Requirements for Limited Energy and Communication Systems”
textbook and DVD.
To receive credit
for this course you must:
- Complete this course within 90 days.
- Complete the Exam. No partial credit will be given.
- Mail, email, fax or hand deliver your bubble sheet to WECA for grading. WECA will score the exam within 24 hours.
- Attain an overall average grade of at least 70%.
You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date. The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
- Total class hours available: 8
- Standard Tuition Fee: $149 per person
Please be advised: Course materials are mailed by USPS priority mail.
Note: Please call the office for availability if purchasing more than five instances of this DVD course at once.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses