GET WIRED! 104 Special Systems & Single-Phase Transformer Theory in Residential Electrical Applications
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 101, 102, & 103
GET WIRED! 104 expands your area of expertise into a variety of special applications. Core competencies include:
- Single-phase transformers installation and testing
- Special purpose outlets for electric heating and air conditioning
- Gas and oil central heating systems
- Installation of a twist–on coaxial connector
- Television, telephone and low voltage signal systems
- Heat, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire alarms and security systems
- Service entrance equipment
- Overcurrent protection-fuses and circuit breakers
- Calculating residential loads
- Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, and hydro-massage baths
- Wiring of home automation systems
Practical applications that involve the interpretation of schematic wiring diagrams and/or accessing code requirements information are covered in this fast paced course.
- Total class hours available: 42
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $309
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Webcast System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website and the Adobe Connect virtual classroom to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Webcast System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
* This course includes classes that are conducted on one or more Saturdays and/or Sundays.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses