Exam Preparation Home Study (56 hour course)(2014 Code Edition)
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: Completion of the GET WIRED! program
This DVD-based home study course is for students who want to study for the State Electrician’s Exam at their own pace. NEC Expert Mike Holt walks students through the 2014 NEC and methods for performing electrical calculations in seven DVDs and two textbooks.
The complete list of course materials includes:
- Mike Holt's Illustrated Guide to Electrical Exam Preparation, based on the 2014 NEC (Textbook)
- Mike Holt's Illustrated Guide to Changes to the NEC 2014 (Textbook)
- Mike Holt’s Guide to Raceway and Box Calculations 2014 Edition (DVD)
- Mike Holt’s Guide to Conductor Sizing and Protection 2014 Edition (DVD)
- Mike Holt’s Guide to Motor and Air-Conditioning Calculations 2014 Edition (DVD)
- Mike Holt’s Guide to Voltage Drop Calculations 2014 Edition (DVD)
- Mike Holt’s Guide to Dwelling-Unit Calculations 2014 Edition (DVD)
- Mike Holt’s Guide to Changes to the NEC 2014 – Parts 1 and 2 (DVDs)
- Mike Holt's Journeyman Simulated Exam booklet 2014 Edition
Quizzes within this package are treated as learning tools and include the answer keys and guidance on where to find the correct information in the Code book. Students should complete each quiz, use the answer keys to correct the answers, then use the code book to find information related to the questions they answered incorrectly.
Topics in this course are covered in relation to the 2014 Edition of the National Electric Code (NEC) requirements. A 2014 NEC Code Book is required when taking this course. You may utilize one of the suggested resources in the textbook list located in the forms and resources section of the WECA website or any other sources to order the NEC.
To receive credit
for this course you must:
- Complete this course within 90 days.
- Complete the assigned exams in the 2014 Exam Preparation book and the Illustrated Guide to Changes to the NEC 2014 book. No partial credit will be given.
- Mail, email, fax or hand deliver the required completed exams to WECA. WECA will process the exams within two business days.
You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date. The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
- Total class hours available: 56
- Standard Tuition Fee: $495 per person
Course materials are mailed by USPS priority mail.
Note: Please call the office for availability if purchasing more than five instances of this DVD course at once.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses