Thursday, April 25, 2019
An event notice from WECA Industry Partner Cook Brown:
Join us at the Spring Legal Update when our Cook Brown team will recap some of the recent California Supreme Court and high profile decisions that are impacting employers in the Golden State and beyond. Recent rulings against employers are leading to continued lawsuits brought by current and former employees.
From Personnel Policies to PAGA:
Protecting Your Business from
In this interactive presentation, we'll discuss and draw lessons for best practices based on what to do and what not to do:
- What can we learn about managing compensable time from Starbucks, Tillys and Papa John's?
- How did Chipotle avoid liability in a pregnancy disability lawsuit?
- What did Costco learn about protecting its employees from third party harassment?
- When should employers consider using arbitration agreements following the Epic Systems decision?
- How do the lessons from all of these decisions better protect your business from PAGA litigation in 2019?
May 15, 2019
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange
5370 Elvas Avenue
Sacramento, California 95819
$30 ($25 for each additional associate on the same registration)