Thursday, May 07, 2020
San Diego County has announced free COVID-19 for all essential workers--most definitely including construction. They've provided this Q and A to help answer your questions about testing.
Q and A from San Diego County:
1) How do I sign up for a free COVID19 diagnostic test?
Go to the following website to register at Lhi.care/covidtesting. There'll be some questions to complete. Also, you will have options to choose the location, date and time that is most convenient for you.
Also, phone registration is available for people without internet access. Call at 888-634-1123 Monday thru Fridays.
2) Is this a free and confidential test?
Yes, the result is shared with only the individual taking the test.
3) How long does it take to do the test?
Average time is 5-8 minutes which includes the paperwork and nasal swab test. There is no blood work involved.
4) Is there an option to do a drive up test?
No - it's by appointment for walk ins only. There is plenty of free parking on the premises. There is no waiting room and you can wait in your car until the appointment time.
5) Do you need a doctor's order for the test?
No, a doctor's order is not needed for the state testing sites.
6) How long does it take to get the lab result?
Approximately 48 hours is the expected test result timeframe.