Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Dear WECA Electrician Trainees, Journeyman Continuing Education and General Students, and their Contractors,
Please review the information below for updates to upcoming onsite lab scheduling for our GetWired! program. Information in red reflects recent updates.
For those students enrolled in a GetWired class with a lab date from July 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021:
For those students enrolled in a GetWired class with a lab date after October 1, 2021:
- Your lab will initially be scheduled to be conducted entirely online.
- WECA will send you confirmation of your login instructions for your online lab.
- However, WECA is closely monitoring developments and California state restrictions as the COVID situation progresses. If the situation improves such that we are able to serve some or all of these labs in our traditional hands-on format during Session 3 (July-September 2021), we will transition those lab events back to in-person experiences at our training facilities.
- If the lab in which you are enrolled in Session 3 becomes possible to deliver in-person, you will be given at least four weeks of notice of your change in lab venue to a WECA training facility.
- Your lab date will remain identical. Your lab time may shift from afternoon to morning, or vice versa. Please watch your email for further details.
- Update: Saturday labs scheduled to start August 7th – September 18th have been transitioned from online to in-person labs for GetWired 102, 103, 104, 201, 202, 203, 204, and 302.
- Emails with this update were sent last week to enrolled students. If you are enrolled in one of the GetWired classes shown above with a Saturday lab date between August 7th – September 18th, please make sure you review your recent communications from WECA for your specific lab details and attend your onsite class day. Labs will be delivered onsite only for these classes.
- To view your onsite lab day details, you may also log into https://www.goweca.com/login.aspx and look for “Upcoming Classes and Required Items.”
- GetWired 101 and 301 labs remain online.
Any questions? Please don't hesitate to call us! 1-877-444-9322. We can't wait to see you back in the labs!
- If your class includes a hands-on lab, it will automatically be scheduled as an onsite, in-person learning experience.