Thursday, April 27, 2023
GetWired 101: Fundamentals of Electrical Theory and Introduction to the National Electrical Code is the first step on your journey to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate from WECA
The alternate educational path to apprenticeship
Start your Electrician Trainee Program Certificate journey with GetWired 101: Fundamentals of Electrical Theory and Introduction to the National Electrical Code.
GetWired 101 is the first course in the path to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate with WECA.
GetWired 101 is an entirely online course which introduces fundamental electrical laws and theory and explains how the National Electrical Code (NEC) governs the installations of electrical wiring and equipment. Core competencies include:
- Refresher on basic math skills applied to electrical calculations
- General information on electrical installations
- Introduction to hand and power tools used in the field
- Electrical symbols and receptacle outlets
- Atomic structure
- Electrical quantities and Ohm's Law
- Static electricity and magnetism
- Voltage drop and neutral sizing for services
- Wiring methods
- Switch control of lighting circuits, receptacle installation, bonding, and induction heating
Safety best practices are covered along with tips on study skills. In this course, math equations are applied to the safe and sound wiring and load choices for electrical installations, troubleshooting and maintenance. Theories are discussed and applied to on-the-job situations and tasks.
Total class hours available: 40
Standard tuition fee: $319
Choose from two ways to take GetWired 101!
Want to take the course while guided by an instructor?
The next course instance starts May 1!
We've waived the late fees for you:
Enroll in the next instructor-led GetWired 101 here!
Prefer to take this class on your own time, at your own pace?
?Enroll in GetWired 101 Self-Paced here!