Two Day Exam Preparation is a fast-paced code study course focused on using the Code book in preparation for the State Certification exam. It is meant to be a refresher course for individuals otherwise ready to take the General or Residential Certification Exam. Much of the class is dedicated to sample testing similar to state exams. It focuses on practical research by the students to find the answers to code questions rather than instruction by lecture. If you are looking for a more extensive exam preparation course, consider Get Wired 404, consisting of 42 instructor-led hours, all online.
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: Substantial completion of GET WIRED! program
Other Prerequisites :
8,000+ General OJT hours and substantial knowledge of electrical theory and the National Electric Code (NEC) or 4,800+ Residential OJT hours and substantial knowledge of electrical theory and the National Electric Code (NEC)
Exam prep day 1 outline:
- 2017 national electrical code basic layout
- Commonly used tables in the national electric code
- The reciprocation formula
- Conductor sizing and protection
- Raceway, box fill and conduit fill calculations
- Safety maintenance and repair
Exam prep day 2 outline:
- Service sizing, clearances and terminations
- Low voltage, communications and fire systems
- Wiring methods, special equipment and occupancies
- Motors, hvac and refrigeration
- General equipment , lighting and panelboards
Students must bring a 2017 NEC book to class.
- Total class hours available: 16
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $269
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
* This course includes classes that are conducted on one or more Saturdays and/or Sundays. Students will be notified of their scheduled class time within one week of the class start date for class days displayed without class times.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses