GET WIRED! 201 Introduction to Alternating Current, Branch Circuits, and Feeder/Service Calculations
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100 Series
GET WIRED! 201 is designed for students who have completed the 100 Series successfully, or for experienced electricians who want to refresh their knowledge of electrical theory and expand their skills.
You will review content covered in 104 and expand on theories and applications taught in the 100 Series. You will gain practice in making a variety of calculations for:
- Branch circuit loads for single and multi-family dwellings
- Service entrance conductors using optional methods
Topics covered in the course include:
- Finding information in the NEC
- Conductor comparisons and resistance
- Branch circuits and feeders
- Make up and box fill calculations – hand-on-lab
- Introduction to service calculations
- Dwelling load calculations
GET WIRED! 201 includes an independent study project that you must complete to earn course credit. The project is designed to help you develop on-the-job skills you need to be an expert electrician.
You will gain practice in a variety of sophisticated on-the-job applications to expand your skill sets and competencies.
- Total class hours available: 36
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $329
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Webcast System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website and the Adobe Connect virtual classroom to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Webcast System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
* This course includes classes that are conducted on one or more Saturdays and/or Sundays. Students will be notified of their scheduled class time within one week of the class start date for class days displayed without class times.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses