GET WIRED! 303 (32 hour course)(2020 Code Edition) Class Information
Document ID: 2D55
Blueprint Reading Part 3 (GET WIRED! 303 Commercial): Planning Commercial Electrical Installations for New Construction
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100 & 200 Series, 301 & 302
Build on the skills you learned in GET WIRED! 301 and 302 by getting “hands on” experience planning commercial electrical installations. Identify needed resources, job specifications, applicable codes, and information from the owner/architect, and AHJ and coordinate them all with specific blueprints. This course includes three projects students work on independently, with guidance from an instructor, including:
- Assignment 1 – Job pre-planning
- Assignment 2 - Preliminary electrical room layout
- Assignment 3 - Plan conflict-free electrical installations
This course is not for beginners. Students who enroll in GET WIRED! 303 should:
- Have basic blueprint reading experience (including A, C, L, M, P, and E sheets)
- Have experience using construction documents and electrical specifications (equipment cut-sheets, submittals, electrical contracts, RFI, change orders, and more)
- Have a good understanding of electrical theory
- Have considerable experience using the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Total class hours available: 32
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $349
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Webcast System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website and the Adobe Connect virtual classroom to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Webcast System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
This course is included in the WECA Electrician Trainee Certificate Path.
View the path and your options at the link.