GET WIRED! 103 Instructor-Led with ONLINE LAB Class Information
Document ID: 1EC6
GET WIRED! 103 Continuation of Lighting Branch Circuits & Introduction to Special Purpose Outlets
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 101 & 102
GET WIRED! 103 focuses on installing lighting branch-circuits in dwelling units while exploring NEC requirements for safe installations and standard industry practices. Core competencies include:
- Conduction in liquid and gases
- Batteries and other sources of electricity
- Inrush current, voltage drop and use of Ohm’s Law in calculating basic measurements
- Sizing junction boxes, box fill and conduit layout
- Water heater, water pump circuit calculations
- Calculate overcurrent protection
- NEMA receptacle plug configuration
- Selection of wiring devices
This course is loaded with interactive practice and an instructor-led, online lab event to ensure that skills covered in class can be applied on-the-job.
- Total class hours available: 42
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $319
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Webcast System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website and the Adobe Connect virtual classroom to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Webcast System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.