GET WIRED! 204 Transformers, Special Locations and Single-Phase Motors
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100 Series, 201, 202, & 203
GET WIRED! 204 expands on skills taught in the 203 courses. Topics covered include:
- Special locations
- Hazardous locations
- Healthcare facilities
- Places of assembly
- Commercial garages and motor fuel dispensing facilities
- Motors, generators, A/C and refrigeration and fire pumps
- Series-parallel circuits
- Basic lighting control – hands-on-lab
- Single-phase motors
GET WIRED! 204 includes an independent study project that you must complete to earn course credit. The project is designed to help you develop on-the-job skills you need to be an expert electrician.
- Total class hours available: 39
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $389
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Webcast System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website and the Adobe Connect virtual classroom to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Webcast System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
This course is included in the WECA Electrician Trainee Certificate Path.
View the path and your options at the link.
* This course includes classes that are conducted on one or more Saturdays and/or Sundays. Students will be notified of their scheduled class time within one week of the class start date for class days displayed without class times.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses