Troubleshooting Control Circuits
ADVANCED COURSE – NOT RECOMMENDED FOR ELECTRICIAN TRAINEES WITHOUT APPROPRIATE PREREQUISITES: GET WIRED! 401, 402, AND BASIC MOTOR CONTROLS 1 AND 2.
Please note that the electrical troubleshooting software programs are not compatible with Apple products or any mobile devices
Note: If you have previously purchased the Electrical Troubleshooting Skills Series V4 (32 hour course) package, you should not enroll in this course. It contains the same Control Circuit troubleshooting program included in the Electrical Troubleshooting Skills Series package.
Learn and practice proven techniques for effective electrical troubleshooting with realistic control circuit simulations. Enhance your troubleshooting training with hours of hands-on learning and practice to develop and maintain control circuit troubleshooting skills.
Troubleshooting Control Circuits V4 includes two unique control circuit simulations: a practice circuit simulation and a highly realistic electric door lock circuit simulation environment.
- Learn 10 valuable tips for troubleshooting problems on all types of electrical equipment, including finding malfunctions caused by multiple component failures and locating intermittent faults.
- Improve your technique for troubleshooting faults on control circuits.
- Understand how control circuits and their typical components operate, including relays, transformers, and switches.
- Become skilled at diagnosing and repairing all kinds of control circuit faults.
The tuition for this course also includes access to a Troubleshooting Electrical Circuits Module. It is highly recommended that you complete the Electrical Circuits Module first, before starting the Control Circuits Program. The Electrical Circuits Module is a preparatory course that will prepare you for the Control Circuits Program.
- Develop the ability to use diagrams to determine the function and operation of control circuits and how to locate components and connections.
Print out and submit the single certificate of completion to WECA and we will update your transcript and assure that you receive 16 hours of CE credit to meet your journeyman certification renewal requirements, or ET hours requirements.
Partial credit will not be given. You must complete the entire course to receive credit. The tuition for this course includes 1 year of access to the online Troubleshooting Control Circuits software used in the course. All course hours must be completed within 90 days of purchase to receive credit. You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date.
Log on instructions will be sent by the preferred method of contact chosen during the class registration process. Please allow one business day for order processing and access to the course.
The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
- Total class hours available: 16
- Standard Tuition Fee: $259
Please read the computer system requirements carefully since the software is not compatible with all systems.
Computer System Requirements:
- Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
- Video Resolution of 1024 x 768 or greater
Please note that the troubleshooting control circuits software program is not compatible with Apple products or any mobile devices
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses
- Administrator rights for the computer are required for installation