WECA is the only organization in California that focuses exclusively on the needs of electrical contractors and their employees. We are proud to represent thousands of electricians and hundreds of contractors. Our members believe that fair and open competition is the key to a robust and growing economy. Our members embrace the idea that political action is not simply prudent, but essential to preserving and enhancing their ability to pursue business opportunities in both the public and private marketplace.
The WECA governmental affairs staff works hard to protect the rights of merit shop business owners and their employees throughout California, but our efforts cannot succeed unless those in the merit shop community get involved.
Routine activities of the GA staff includes:
- Monitoring all State Legislative and Regulatory proposals for beneficial and detrimental changes
- Regular interaction with other business and construction groups in California and nationwide
- Maintenance of a regular presence in Washington DC through membership in the US Chamber of Commerce and trips to Capitol Hill to lobby on Federal initiatives
- Maintaining close working relationships with other merit shop groups such as CFEC, ABC chapters, AGC, ASCA, and Calpasc
- Routinely monitors more than 305 local agencies including Cities, Counties, School Districts and other Special Districts
- Evaluates state-wide ballot measures and candidates and recommends support for those causes and candidates that support WECA’s core values
- Encourages appointment of state and local officials who will approach their assignments without prejudice
- This website is designed to both educate our members and to empower them to have the greatest possible impact when it comes to effecting political change on the local, state and federal levels. Check out the latest political news and action alerts, learn more about the WECA Political Action Committee (WECA-PAC), and take a moment to visit the partner organizations we work with.
↓ Quick Links
WECA Political Advocacy