GET WIRED! 104 Special Systems & Single-Phase Transformer Theory in Residential Electrical Applications
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 101, 102, & 103
GET WIRED! 104 Self-Paced is an entirely online, self-paced version of our instructor-led Get Wired! 104 course which expands your area of expertise into a variety of special applications. Core competencies include:
- Single-phase transformers
- Special purpose outlets for electric heating and air conditioning
- Gas and oil central heating systems
- Installation of a twist–on coaxial connector
- Television, telephone and low voltage signal systems
- Heat, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Fire alarms and security systems
- Service entrance equipment
- Overcurrent protection-fuses and circuit breakers
- Calculating residential loads
- Swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, and hydro-massage baths
- Wiring of home automation systems
Practical applications that involve the interpretation of schematic wiring diagrams and/or accessing code requirements information are covered in this fast paced course.
This course is loaded with interactive practice and an online, self-guided lab to ensure that skills covered in class can be applied on-the-job.
Students must pass the final exam to earn credit for this course. All course hours must be completed within 90 days of purchase to receive credit. You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date.
Log on instructions will be sent by the preferred method of contact chosen during the class registration process. Please allow one business day for order processing and access to the course.
- Total class hours available: 42
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $319
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Self-Paced System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Self-Paced System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
Are you already signed up for this class and need to log in? Click here to log into WECA eCampus
This course is included in the WECA Electrician Trainee Certificate Path.
View the path and your options at the link.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses