Wiring Methods – Article 300 to 393
Wiring Methods – Article 300 to 393 (2017 Edition) Online Home Study Course (8 hour course)
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100 Series.
Save time and money in commuting costs! Sign up for the “Wiring Methods – Article 300 to 393 (2017 Edition) Online Home Study” course. No matter where you live you can take this course from the comfort of your own home or office.
This course is available in an interactive online format that allows students to test their knowledge immediately by answering page level questions. After reviewing all material, students are then tested with a final exam and must pass with an average score of 75% or better in order to receive credit.
Wiring Methods – Article 300 to 393 (2017 Edition) teaches students everything they need to know about how electricity behaves. Starting from the basic scientific principles, it covers the following topics and devices:
- Conductors for General Wiring
- Cabinets, Cutout Boxes, and Meter Socket Enclosures
- Outlet, Device, Pull, and Junction Boxes
- Metal-Clad Cable (Type MC)
- Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable (Types NM and NMC)
- Service-Entrance Cable (Types SE and USE)
- Underground Feeder and Branch-Circuit Cable (Type UF)
- Intermediate Metal Conduit (Type IMC)
- Rigid Metal Conduit (Type RMC)
- Flexible Metal Conduit (Type FMC)
- Liquidtight Flexible Metal Conduit (Type LFMC)
- Rigid Polyvinyl Chloride Conduit (Type PVC)
- Liquidtight Flexible Nonmetallic Conduit (Type LFNC)
- Electrical Metallic Tubing (Type EMT)
- Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing (Type ENT)
Topics covered in this course are based on the requirements in the 2017 Edition of the National Electric Code (NEC), a copy of which is required when taking this course. You may utilize one of the suggested resources in the textbook list located in the forms and resources section of the WECA website or any other sources to order the NEC.
To receive credit
for this course you must:
- Complete this course within 90 days.
- Complete the online Exams. No partial credit will be given.
- Attain an overall average grade of at least 75%.
You will not be notified when your self-paced course is about to expire, and it is your responsibility to keep track of your course expiration/due date. The course tuition is not refundable or transferable.
Log on instructions will be sent by the preferred method of contact chosen during the class registration process. Please allow one business day for order processing and access to the course.
- Total class hours available: 8
- Standard Tuition Fee: $99 per person
Access to a high-speed internet connection such as DSL or cable is required to take this course. A dial-up connection is not adequate. Installation of Adobe Flash Player 8 and up is also required. Cookies must to be enabled on your browser. A Google Chrome browser is recommended and can be downloaded here.
Internet Explorer is not supported. This course can only be accessed from a personal computer. Support for mobile phones and tablets is not available at this time.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses