Thursday, July 18, 2019
One of the benefits of WECA membership is having everything you need to seamlessly track your employees' training in one comprehensive place. Our Authorization for Release of Records forms help you do just that.
WECA's Authorization for Release of Records forms allow journeymen and electrician trainees enrolled at WECA to grant their employers permission to communicate with and receive records from WECA for a period of time, as stipulated either by the student or the form type.
Alternatively, member contractors may also file authorization forms on behalf of their employees if the employees are enrolled in an electrician trainee or continuing education program.
Authorization forms allow for the release of records such as grades, attendance reports, progression letters, completion certificates, and program enrollment and renewal information. Member contractors will also be able to ensure that their employees are working to meet their 150-hour continuing education requirement for state renewal. Further, member contractors may request to be copied on all correspondence their employees receive. However, the member contractor must notify WECA of this request.
Please note that WECA now offers three - rather than the previous four - different versions of the authorization form:
Member contractors or their employees who wish to obtain and/or file authorization forms may do so by either obtaining the student's signature, or signing the form, and submitting the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon submission and processing of the form, contractors will have access to their students' information on their member dashboard (accessible here ) within two business days.
- For electrician trainees: the form expires upon the student's request or upon completion or cancellation of the program; whichever occurs first
- For journeymen: the form expires upon the student's request or three years after the signed effective date; whichever occurs first
- Release of records for general students and electrician trainees who work for non-member contractors: these forms will expire 30 days from the effective date or upon the student's request; whichever occurs first
Member contractors - if the concerned employee(s) are electrician trainees (ETs) - will also be able to assist those employees in maintaining active ET cards with the State of California and help monitor their employees' progress in the program.
Employees enrolled in the ET program will also receive ET overview reports. Member contractors employing ETs will also gain access to these reports, whose release are also included in the filing of the authorization forms.
ET reports provide the following benefits to both member contractors and their employees:
To obtain ET reports, contractors may login to the WECA website with their member login.
- Transcript browse: this function allows members to pull up-to-date copies of their employees' transcripts for renewal purposes
- ET or journeyman certificate browse: allows members to pull course completion certificates for their employees who have successfully met course requirements to pass
- ET enrollment letter browse: allows members to find proof of the student's active renewal with WECA, either for initial registration with the State of California or for renewal purposes
- Active ET student status: allows members to see the current status of their employees and see if they are enrolled, or currently between classes and their deadline to get signed up to maintain enrollment with WECA
- Daily grades and attendance: allows members to check on their employee's current grades and attendance for the classes they are attending
WECA is also pleased to announce that additional benefits will be added in the future, such as improved enrollment functionality online for member contractors with students already in the program, to improve the user experience for our member contractors.