Thursday, February 13, 2020
Seats Are Going Fast -- Enroll Today!
WECA is pleased to offer the BICSI ICT Installer 1 Training class at our Rancho Cordova headquarters in Spring 2020, and the BICSI PM102 and OSP102 classes -- also at our Rancho Cordova headquarters -- in June 2020.
Seats are filling fast for the March 23 - 27 BICSI ICT Installer 1 Training class, so get one before they're gone!
IN101: BICSI ICT Installer 1 Training, March 23 - 27 (Added by Popular Demand!)
This course is designed to provide entry-level installers with the background, knowledge and basic skills needed to function safely and effectively as part of a cabling installation team. The BICSI Installer 1 Training course is the introductory course of the Installation Program series.
Who should attend?
This course will greatly benefit anyone planning to take the BICSI Installer 1 exam to include individuals with little or no cabling experience, anyone wishing to pursue a career in ICT cabling distribution, and individuals seeking basic knowledge of and skills in cabling installation.
Why should you attend?
What will you learn?
- Learn the background knowledge and basic skills to function safely and effectively as part of a cabling installation team.
- Learn the best practices and methods outlined in the Information Technology systems Installation Methods manual (ITSIMM), 7th edition.
- Complete modules and activities which incorporate codes, standards, and best practices.
How long is this course?
- Describe the professional expectations for an installer
- Describe how information is transmitted over telecommunication media
- Describe the primary characteristics of copper cabling media
- Ensure that work is performed in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and regulations
- Describe the basic configuration of a structured cabling system
- Comply with safety policies and procedures
- Pull horizontal cable, terminate and copper cabling media
- Explain an installer's role in the firestopping process
This class takes place over a period of 4.5 days; 5 days for students planning to take the hands-on exam to earn the certification. After successful completion of the hands-on exam, examinees will be required to take and pass the written exam at a Pearson Vue testing center of their choosing to earn certification.
Please note: the Installer 1 (INST1) exam is not included in the course fee. You must register for the exam separately.
Can I earn credit?
Yes, you can earn 35 continuing education credits towards an existing BICSI credentials recertification requirements upon successfully completing this program.
PM102: Applied Telecommunications Project Management, June 15 - 19
This course is designed to provide ICT professionals an opportunity to build on their existing project management skills while also exploring the steps and thought processes behind the basic principles and information necessary for managing a successful telecommunications project...Learn more
OSP102: Applied Outside Plant Design, June 29 - July 3
In this unparalleled training class, you will learn elements common to all OSP projects, along with design techniques for underground, direct-buried and aerial cable plant applications. You will have an opportunity to apply what you have learned through a series of design scenarios such as route...Learn more
These classes are open to the public and we encourage interested WECA members to enroll early in order to secure seats. These classes are rarely offered in Northern California, and we encourage our members to take advantage of this convenient opportunity.
Registrations must be processed directly with BICSI. To learn more about this course and to enroll yourself or an employee, visit BICSI here.