Thursday, March 26, 2020
SACRAMENTO -- The Contractors State License Board (CSLB) encourages licensed contractors to help hospitals and other healthcare providers experiencing a shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19 emergency. Contractors may have supplies of certain items for construction jobs that are in greater demand as doctors, nurses, and medical staff face this unprecedented health crisis.
All donations should be of new equipment in its original packaging.
See below for specific information about how best to donate. Please do not drop-off donations directly at hospital emergency departments.
Consider donations of the following new items in original packaging:
To donate to hospitals and health systems:
- N95 masks
- Powered, air-purifying respirator (PAPR) hoods
- Surgical masks
- Procedure masks
- Isolation gowns
- Paper masks (with ties or elastic)
- Paper protective gowns
- Protective glasses/goggles
- Industrial face shields (e.g., industrial paint shields)
- Painters smocks (impermeable)
CSLB thanks licensed contractors for doing their part during the COVID-19 health emergency by donating.
- Call non-emergency hospital phone numbers to find out how to donate to your local hospital
- Contact your local health department
- Call your fire department's non-emergency phone number
- Contact your local American Red Cross chapter
Although CSLB offices and test centers are currently closed to the public, we're working hard to remain accessible while continuing to provide our essential services. Learn more about the effects of the health emergency on CSLB services and how best to get in touch with us at: https://cslb.ca.gov/About_us/COVID-19.aspx