Thursday, May 21, 2020
CSLB recently launched a new online workshop, "Get Licensed to Build." The free informational webcast is for those who want to get their California contractor's license. The information can also be used by licensees looking to add an additional classification to their license.
Video from the workshop, which lasted almost 90 minutes, has been posted to CSLB's YouTube Channel.
Watch the video here.
You can also click on links below that will take you to specific topics covered during the workshop.
Topics Covered in Workshop
Dozens of people attended the first online workshop, which included an extensive Question & Answer section.
- 3:25 Who Needs a License?
- 4:43 Why Get a License?
- 6:49 What You'll Need to Get a License - Minimum Qualifications
- 9:20 Types of Business Entities
- 10:20 CSLB License Classifications
- 12:56 The Application Process
- 15:21 Fingerprint Requirements - Criminal Background Check
- 18:15 Demonstrating Work Experience
- 37:41 The Exam Process
- 41:45 Your New License
- 43:26 Question & Answers
CSLB welcomes your feedback on the workshop, along with ideas for future workshops, either for license applicants, or the more than 280,000 licensed contractors in California. Send your comments/ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org.