Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Introducing a SELF-PACED ONLINE OPTION for our most popular course:
GetWired! 101 : Fundamentals of Electrical Theory and Introduction to the National Electrical Code (NEC)
No matter your schedule, location, or what life is throwing at you right now, you can start your journey to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate!
WECA is excited to announce a new way students can take GetWired! 101, the first class in WECA's Path to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate!
We've long offered GetWired! 101--an introduction to the theory of electricity covering the fundamentals electrical laws and explaining how the National Electrical Code (NEC) governs the installations of electrical wiring and equipment--as an online-led instructor course which runs two scheduled weeknight evenings a week. And we still do!
But for students who would prefer to take this introductory course at their own pace, on their own time, we're now offering a fully self-paced online option! Students who might prefer this format include:
- Students with job, childcare, or other obligations preventing them from taking the instructor-led scheduled course in the evenings
- Students who would benefit from being able to review the material at a slower pace, such as students for whom English is a second language
WECA's new GET WIRED! 101 Self-Paced Option is an entirely online, self-paced alternative version of our Get Wired! 101 course which introduces fundamental electrical laws and theory and explains how the National Electrical Code (NEC) governs the installations of electrical wiring and equipment. Core competencies include:
- Students who just prefer to work on the coursework at times when it best works for them
Safety best practices are covered along with tips on study skills. In this course, math equations are applied to the safe and sound wiring and load choices for electrical installations, troubleshooting and maintenance. Theories are discussed and applied to on-the-job situations and tasks. An online, interactive, lab activity reinforces practical applications of key concepts.
- Refresher on basic math skills applied to electrical calculations
- General information on electrical installations
- Introduction to hand and power tools used in the field
- Electrical symbols and receptacle outlets
- Atomic structure
- Electrical quantities and Ohm’s Law
- Static electricity and magnetism
- Voltage drop and neutral sizing for services
- Wiring methods
- Switch control of lighting circuits, receptacle installation, bonding, and induction heating
- Total class hours available: 40
- Standard Tuition Fee: $309
If all of this sounds like it would work for you,
Enroll in GetWired 101 Self-Paced today!
Think you'd prefer being able to ask an instructor questions and learn with other students?
Enroll in an upcoming instance of the original, online evening instructor-led GetWired! 101 here!