Tuesday, March 29, 2022
No matter your schedule, location, or what life is throwing at you right now, you can start your journey to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate with self-paced GetWired 101: Fundamentals of Electrical Theory and Introduction to the National Electrical Code (NEC)
"I actually liked the way the course is set up. Worked perfectly with my schedule. Any free time I had, I could use it to complete this course unlike having to cancel things so I can make it to class at 5:30." - Feedback from a recent self-paced GetWired 101 student getting his introductory online electrician training with WECA
WECA's GetWired 101 Self-Paced Option is an entirely online, self-paced alternative version of our Get Wired! 101 course which introduces fundamental electrical laws and theory and explains how the National Electrical Code (NEC) governs the installations of electrical wiring and equipment. Core competencies include:
Safety best practices are covered along with tips on study skills. In this course, math equations are applied to the safe and sound wiring and load choices for electrical installations, troubleshooting and maintenance. Theories are discussed and applied to on-the-job situations and tasks. An online, interactive, lab activity reinforces practical applications of key concepts.
- Refresher on basic math skills applied to electrical calculations
- General information on electrical installations
- Introduction to hand and power tools used in the field
- Electrical symbols and receptacle outlets
- Atomic structure
- Electrical quantities and Ohm’s Law
- Static electricity and magnetism
- Voltage drop and neutral sizing for services
- Wiring methods
- Switch control of lighting circuits, receptacle installation, bonding, and induction heating
If all of this sounds like it would work for you,
- Total class hours available: 40
- Standard Tuition Fee: $309
Enroll in GetWired 101 Self-Paced today!
Think you'd prefer being able to ask an instructor questions and learn with other students?
Enroll in an upcoming instance of the original, online evening instructor-led GetWired 101 here!