Tuesday, September 27, 2022
This Year's Awards Targeted at Electrician Trainees on the GetWired Path Toward an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate: Apply for Consideration Today!
For students enrolled in the GetWired Electrician Trainee program:
October 31, 2022
Western Electrical Contractors Education Foundation (WECEF) is pleased to offer a scholarship opportunity for students enrolled in WECA’s Electrician Trainee (ET) Program. These scholarships help support students in continuing their education with WECA.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Active WECA Electrician Trainee at time of application or as of 10/1/2022
- COMPLETION of at least one WECA ET course within the GetWired 100-300 series, with a passing grade of at least 80%, during the six months prior to 10/1/22 (between April 1, 2022-Sept 30,2022).
- Accurate completion of the online scholarship application and answers to questions, by the deadline of October 31, 2022. Incomplete applications, or late applications, will not be considered.
- Not currently a registered Apprentice.
- Not a General Student or a Journeyman Student. This is only for Active Electrician Trainees.
- Within the past two years, may not have received a notification of any violation of any WECA student conduct standards as outlined in our ET student handbook.
- Was not a recipient of a WECEF scholarship during 2021
Depending on the quality and quantity of the applications, up to ten (10) recipients will be awarded. This year the WECEF Board of Directors has decided to award a monetary amount plus a credit towards future courses.
- Each monetary award will be between $500-$1000, PLUS tuition to cover two future classes in WECA's Electrician Trainee Program Certificate Path, namely the GetWired series and Basic Motor Controls 1 and 2.
- Tuition awards towards courses cannot be converted to cash or transferred to another person.
- Tuition award cannot be used towards a class already purchased.
- Tuition can be used for only two future WECA courses; and both courses must be started before July 31, 2023.
- Award towards tuition expires after July 31, 2023 and cannot be renewed.
A 1099 will be issued for tax purposes for the monetary and the tuition credit award.
The WECEF Board of Directors will review applications from eligible candidates. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s final decision within one month from application deadline, by mail and/or email.
Submissions must be fully completed by the 10/31/2022 11:59 PM deadline for consideration.
Electrician Trainees can login to WECA eCampus to access and complete their scholarship application.
The WECEF Board of Directors