Friday, May 19, 2023
Introducing the Next Self-Paced Online Option for Our GetWired Electrician Trainee Program Series:
GetWired 203: Self-Paced Raceway Systems, Switchboards and Panelboards, DC Motors, Three-Phase Alternators and Motors
Encourage Your Electrician Trainee Employees to Take It on Their Own Time, at Their Own Pace!
WECA is excited to announce another way students can take GetWired 203, the seventh class in WECA's Path to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate!
We've long offered GetWired 203 as an instructor-led online course with one hands-on lab on a Saturday. And we still do!
But for your Electrician Trainee employees who would prefer to take this course at their own pace, on their own time, we're now offering a fully self-paced online option, just like we've been offering for earlier courses in the GetWired series! Electrician Trainee employees who might prefer this format include:
- Those with job, childcare, or other obligations preventing them from taking the instructor-led scheduled courses in the evenings
- Those who would benefit from being able to review the material at a slower pace, such as students for whom English is a second language
- Those who just prefer to work on the coursework at times and places when it works best for them
WECA's new GetWired 203 Self-Paced Option is an entirely online, self-paced alternative version of our GetWired 203 course, which expands on the concepts and skills built in earlier courses. Topics covered include:
- Wiring materials
- Raceway systems and cable assemblies
- Switchboards and panelboards
- DC motors
- Sizing branch circuits -- Part 2 -- interactive lab
- Three-phase alternators and motors
- Equipment for general use
GetWired 203 Self-Paced includes an independent study project that your employees must complete to earn course credit. The project is designed to help them develop the on-the-job skills they need to be an expert electrician. This course is loaded with interactive practice and an online, self-guided lab to ensure that skills covered in class can be applied on-the-job.
- Total class hours available: 39
- Standard Tuition Fee: $389
If all of this sounds like it would work for your Electrician Trainee employees, encourage them to
enroll in GetWired 203 Self-Paced Online today!
Think they'd prefer being able to interact with an instructor and learn along with other students, on a schedule two evenings a week, including one onsite in-person lab on a Saturday? Encourage them to
enroll in an upcoming instance of the original GetWired 203 here!