Thursday, July 20, 2023
WECA is excited to announce another way students can take GetWired 204, the eighth class in WECA's Path to an Electrician Trainee Program Certificate!
We've long offered GetWired 204 as an instructor-led online course with one hands-on lab on a Saturday. And we still do!
But for students who would prefer to take this course at their own pace, on their own time, we're now offering a fully self-paced online option, just like we've been offering for earlier courses in the GetWired series! Students who might prefer this format include:
- Students with job, childcare, or other obligations preventing them from taking the instructor-led scheduled courses in the evenings
- Students who would benefit from being able to review the material at a slower pace, such as students for whom English is a second language
- Students who just prefer to work on the coursework at times and places when it works best for them
WECA's new GetWired 204 Self-Paced Option is an entirely online, self-paced alternative version of our GetWired 204 course, which expands on the concepts and skills built in earlier courses. Topics covered include:
- Special locations
- Hazardous locations
- Healthcare facilities
- Places of assembly
- Commercial garages and motor fuel dispensing facilities
- Motors, generators, A/C and refrigeration and fire pumps
- Series-parallel circuits
- Basic lighting control – online interactive lab
- Single-phase motors
GetWired 204 Self-Paced includes an independent study project that you must complete to earn course credit. The project is designed to help you develop the on-the-job skills you need to be an expert electrician. This course is loaded with interactive practice and an online, self-guided lab to ensure that skills covered in class can be applied on-the-job.
- Total class hours available: 39
- Standard Tuition Fee: $389
If all of this sounds like it would work for you,
enroll in GetWired 204 Self-Paced Online today!
Think you'd prefer being able to interact with an instructor and learn along with other students, on a schedule two evenings a week, including one onsite in-person lab on a Saturday?
Enroll in an upcoming instance of GetWired 204 with onsite lab here!