GET WIRED! 304 Assess, Analyze, and Take Action (2020 Code Edition)
Recommended Prerequisite for Electrician Trainees: GET WIRED! 100 & 200 Series, 301, 302, & 303
In GET WIRED! 304, you'll build on the skills you developed in 301, 302, and 303 by learning a Code-based path to error-free electrical circuit installations and how to work effectively with electrical inspectors to get your job approved.
You'll work on your own and complete four self-paced courses in this order:
Working With Inspectors
Sizing Motor Circuits
- In Working With Inspectors you'll learn, how to work effectively with electrical inspectors by providing information about why and how inspectors do their work, and what electricians need to know to be able to communicate with inspectors. You'll then work through five scenarios where you'll apply your new skills and knowledge to analyze and negotiate solutions for red tags on commercial and residential electrical installations.
Faultless: A Code-Based Path to Error-Free Electrical Circuit Installations
- In Sizing Motor Circuits, you'll learn how size single motor circuits for electrical installation.
You'll learn about motors, their components, how motors function, and NEC requirements for sizing single motor circuits. Then, you'll practice all steps needed to accurately perform given single motor circuit calculations.
Wiring Motors and Air Conditioners
- In this course, you'll learn how to coordinate (bring together) information in specific NEC articles, so you can properly select and install the correct electrical circuit components and conductors needed for different load and circuit configurations.Knowing how to coordinate electrical circuit ampacity factors for any planned electrical installation will help you on jobs like design-build projects, tenant improvements, and unplanned electrical equipment changes. Don’t be the electrician who thinks he gets it, but makes costly mistakes. Pay close attention during this course and you can be the electrician who “really gets it” when it comes to the complex process of coordinating conductor properties and circuit ampacity for electrical installations.
- In Wiring Motors and Air Conditioners, you’ll put everything together from the prior courses and learn how to size for motor feeder circuit installations. Then, you’ll practice all steps needed to accurately perform given calculations.
While you work on your own on these self-paced courses, you can use an online messaging system to communicate with your instructor, if you have questions.
Each self-paced course has a final exam and you must pass all four of them by your assigned deadline to earn credit for this course. Partial credit for GET WIRED! 304 will not be given. Work on the self-paced courses at least 6 hours per week, just as you would in any GET WIRED! course, so that you can finish on time and earn credit for this course.
A 2020 NEC book is required for this course.
- Total class hours available: 41
PLEASE REVIEW THE REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS LIST for GET WIRED! Courses to ensure you have the correct textbooks/course materials.
Minimum Points and Hours:
- Standard Tuition Fee: $349
To earn credit hours for this course, students are required to attend a minimum number of course hours and earn a minimum number of points. Zero (0) credit hours will be awarded if the minimum attendance and/or minimum points are not met. See the points and hours matrix
for specific requirements for this course.
Self-Paced System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Self-Paced System Requirements
. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
Webcast System Requirements:
For the WECA eCampus website and the Adobe Connect virtual classroom to run properly on your computer, please make sure to review the Webcast System Requirements
BEFORE class starts. A valid email address is required at the time of sign-up.
This course is included in the WECA Electrician Trainee Certificate Path.
View the path and your options at the link.
** You must be paying by credit card to sign-up online.
Return to Course Catalog
Find Other Courses