Wednesday, August 26, 2020
GetWired labs to remain online through at least December 31, 2020
Please review the information below for changes to upcoming onsite lab scheduling and in-person classroom courses for WECA's Session 4 2020 (October-December), in response to the continued spread of COVID-19 in California. View Session 4 course catalog here.
The good news for Trainees and Journeyperson Continuing Education students enrolled in our programs is that most of our class delivery is already online. Online classes will continue to be delivered as scheduled with no interruption, including all evening GetWired classes. Alternate arrangements are offered for onsite lab days; please read below for details specific to your course.
The WECA Electrician Trainee and Journeyperson Continuing Education programs have cancelled all in-person classroom courses (such as Two Day Exam Prep and Basic Motor Controls) scheduled for the remainder of 2020.
For those students currently enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a GetWired class with a lab date through December 31, 2020:
For those students interested in Classroom-based Two Day Exam Prep, these classes have been cancelled until further notice. However, our Live Online Two Day Exam Prep class is available for enrollment. It's the same curriculum; just delivered in an online classroom instead.
- Your lab will be conducted entirely online.
- Your lab date will remain identical. Your lab time may shift from afternoon to morning, or vice versa. Please watch your email for further details.
- WECA will send you confirmation of your login instructions for your online lab.
For those students interested in Basic Motor Controls, these classes have been cancelled until further notice.
- WECA has cancelled all classroom-based Two Day Exam Prep class instances until further notice.
- WECA's Live Online Two Day Exam Prep is now available on a monthly basis. Scheduled over two subsequent Saturdays, a live instructor leads students through our popular Two Day Exam Prep course experience over Zoom in this 16 hour class.
- You may prefer to take an upcoming GetWired 404 Test Prep instance. GetWired 404 is also entirely online and instructor-led, but delves even more deeply into preparation for the State certification exam over 42 hours.
- WECA's new 24-Hour Self-Paced Online Exam Prep for the General or Residential Certification exams is an option, too, for students who want to study on their ow schedule.
WECA has suspended sales of its DVD/Textbook-based home study courses. All online home study courses will remain available.
- WECA has cancelled all classroom-based Basic Motor Controls classes through the end of 2020.
- You may take an alternate online course to fulfill this requirement towards your ET Program Certificate. Call WECA to discuss your options.
- You can wait until WECA can resume offering the classroom Basic Motor Controls class and take it on a future date, but as of now, no dates are scheduled.
The situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve and WECA's delivery plans are subject to further modifications based upon subsequent guidance from authorities. We're glad to be able to deliver our regularly-scheduled online classes without interruption. Please follow WECA's communications closely and watch our website COVID-19 Advisory Page for further updates, as we will do our best to rapidly communicate any further changes to you. Thank you for your patience and solidarity as we all work together to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on our community.
- As of May 1, 2020, PSI has reopened several of its testing sites across California for limited testing. WECA has personally checked with PSI testing centers in both Sacramento and San Diego and each reports that they are currently open, practicing social distancing, and only allowing a certain amount of people in the building at a time. Keep in mind as you schedule your exam appointment that available windows may be limited, so if you're ready to take the exam, don't delay in securing your appointment. In addition, the State of California confirms that it is actively processing certification applications.